Sunday, December 9, 2012

Doin this thing we do...

For the past year and a half, the Bologna Inglese congregation has been very busy preaching to the many African refugees that were brought here from Libya.  Our growing congregation is proof that Jehovah is blessing the efforts of the brothers here!  I am so amazed at the growth just in the past year!  The Italian government is planning the camps at the end of the year, so many of us have been wondering-"What is next?!?" 

Bologna is known for having the oldest University in the world-founded in 1088!!  It's so crazy to be somewhere that has ANYTHING that's been around for almost a thousand years.  The only thing that old in Atlanta is dirt!  Haha.  The University has students from all over the world and many of them speak English.  The camps have taken up a lot of you time and the efforts have been well spent, but we are now focusing more attention to the University students.  One brother in my hall is already studying with two students from the University, and I am studying with an American student (I had to come all the way to Italy to get a study from America!!  haha)  who is doing so well!!  We study twice a week and she attends almost all the meetings.  I really view her as a blessing from Jehovah-there is no greater joy than sharing the Truth with someone who really appreciates it and wants to please Jehovah!! I already view her as my sister and a future pioneer partner!!

Before he left, Zech got this table together and had these posters made so we are now doing our trial run to see where and what works best.  If you watch the short video about the Annual Meeting on www.jw.org you can see a little about the success these tables have had in other cities.  So we will see what success we have!

Here are a few pics you might have seen already on fb or instagram...



 
 
These two Eritrean brothers serving in Norway saw us doing the literature stand at the University and later we happened to see them again while we were eating lunch. They insisted on paying for our meal because they said it encouraged them to see young ones serving Jehovah abroad!! So loving!! Jehovah provides!!
 
 
 
Last Thursday I had a great day in service-THREE studies!!  But the best part of my day? Conducting a study while looking on as my new brother Moses conducts his own at the next table


 
 
So there you have it!  A little service update-I'm really terrible about taking pics in service but I will try to be better!! 
 
Love to all!
 
Kimmie

2 comments:

  1. Hello ! I'm planning a little need greater trip to Italy this April and I'm having a hard time knowing where to go. It's between Bologna & Florence, or a smaller town called Prato which is near Florence (I know a brother and sister there ). I was wondering if you could give me any advice or opinions on what the need is like over there? My email is vintagechika@gmail.com and if you get this message can you please email me ?

    Thanks so much sister, I've really enjoyed reading your blog and I look forward to talking to thou more.
    Agape, Nadia Lopez
    San Diego, Ca
    Skype : vintagechika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Nadia!

      I am sorry I was late in e-mailing you, but I hope your plans to serve here are going well. Lokk forward to meeting you when you get here!!

      Delete