Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Love to go, Hate to leave

If you had asked me a few weeks ago if I would be sad to say good-bye to my job in Forte dei Marmi I would have given you a big "Heck no!!"  but this is my last day here and I'm feeling a bit nostalgic.  Yes, Paolino had his moments where I didn't know if I was going to make it the full six weeks (or if he was), but I have to say I am going to miss the kid.  It doesn't hurt that the beach is amazing :)  The real treat of being here though has been getting to know such great people in the Viareggio Inglese congregation.  Everyone has been amazing and now I am just adding to my super long list of cool people I now know from around the world!!  I will be sad to leave them when I head to Bologna, but a few of them have promised to visit me while I'm there.  So it's only a short good-bye!

Today marks the longest I have ever been away from home!!  It doesn't feel like I have been here that long.  The time is really flying by.  Here are a few pics.  Nothing too exciting-more to come from Bologna!







Gelato in Cinque Terre


Beach in Cinque Terre





Broken car made of cardboard : )




 Random Parade we came across while we were in service in Pisa


The tower that leans

2 comments:

  1. Hola Kim Boloney!!

    So great to see that things are going well! Cinque Terre is SO BEAUTIFUL and no gelato is as good as Real Italian gelato! We went to visit when we were in Italy in 2010. In fact, we were suppose to go to the meeting for Viareggio English but they were at their assembly. Too bad, we would have friends in Italy in common. If you by chance could send my love to the Romanian congregation that meets in the same building in Viareggio I would sure appreciate it. Can't wait to hear all the great experiences from Bologna! Keep posting!!

    Much love,
    -Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail!! Great to hear from you!! How are plans for Mexico? Wanna come for visit?!?! Bethel/Mexico roomies reunite!! :)

      Delete