Sunday, April 22, 2012

Speaking of looking homeless...

           I was kind of hoping that I would have a few more things to report by my next post, but alas, things are moving super slow.  I did book my ticket-I leave June 20th and come home at 11:59pm November 4th.  You are all invited to get out of your comfy beds and welcome me home.  I will be the smelly homeless looking girl who is crying b/c she can finally understand the language that surrounds her. Speaking of looking homeless-I got my new passport in the mail.  Turns out if you take a shower before service, put your wet hair in a ponytail b/c you are running late (as usual), go out in service all day, and then rush to walgreens to get your picture taken by a woman who looks like she is about give birth and could care less whether your picture looks more like a mug shot than a passport photo, you might be stuck with a less than stellar picture that will stay with you for the next ten years.  Fortunately the picture does look pretty similar to my "haven't slept or showered in 40 hours and just spent the night with 300 strangers in a germ filled flying tube" look, so go me!! Way to think ahead so the Customs agent recognizes me.

            So at least one thing on the checklist I haven't written yet has been taken care of. 

            Oh yeah-I am retarded.  Things really were really seeming like they were all falling into place until I realized that the dates for the convention I had gotten from my friends in Bologna and the location provided by my friend here were for two different conventions.  Oh and the best part is that I discovered this two days AFTER I booked my flight.  I figured I could just change the city I was flying into so I could make it to the convention with my friends in Bologna.  I assumed there might be a fee to change...$100, maybe $150.  Silly, silly girl.  IT WOULD COST $1800.00 TO CHANGE.  Needless to say, I will be making a Stateside road trip to get to the convention before I leave.   

            So those are the only developments since last week.  I hope for all of your sakes that I have more to report next time.  Hopefully I will be able to say "I won't be living in a cardboard box in Bologna b/c I have a place to stay!!"

Until then...

Out for now world

3 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better my Costa Rica accomadations fizzled out the night before i left and I ended up with an amazing trip I couldnt have asked for more. Jehovah always carries us, you'll see.
    >Carl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carl!! I forgot you went to serve down there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you, Kimmie! I wish I was going with you. :)

    My 3 months in Ecuador was the most rewarding experience of my life; I definitely want to do more of this!

    Thank you for sharing your blog with me. I look forward to your adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete